The Makeblock Xtool D1 and D1 Pro Laser engraver enclosure (fume hood) kit is an easy to set up solution to contain and exhaust smoke and fumes created during the laser making process. This enclosure is a "set over" table top design and securely holds your laser inside for easy setup and mobility. Panels are made from clear or optional laser filtering acrylic for a clean easy to see work area. Best of all, we have designed a solution that is compatible with the rotary tool allowing you to engrave cups and tumbles up 80mm in diameter without the need to move or prop up your laser enclosure. Our enclosure sets up easily with just a screw driver and doesn't require significant modification. Lastly our enclosure is safer. We have the only enclosure with panels that are spectrometer tested to block up to 99.8% of light transmission at the 450nm wavelength.
Clearview enclosures are made in California, by a small business that understands the needs of crafters and carries genuine appreciation for your support.
We offer 3 build packages:
- The DIYer Pack is perfect for the user that wants to get started and wants to supply some of their own accessories. This option includes everything you need to enclose your laser. This comes with the panels you select above, brackets, hardware, and a bracket so you can hook up your own exhaust system. You will want to plan your own fan to exhaust smoke, spoilboard, and lighting. If you want to add accessories manually choose this pack and visit our accessories page.
- The Essentials Pack includes some extra parts to get your operation moving. Essentials includes everything from the DIYer and also includes some great options to take on your projects. We add in a 120v 90cfm exhaust fan, 8 feet of exhaust hose, and a spoilboard, and our lid kickstand upgrades. This package has all the necessities for full operational use and some nice options.
-The Professional Pack includes all of our best ideas and developments to get the highest performance from your laser engraver. On top of the essentials pack we have added in our high output 200CFM compact exhaust fan, light up your workspace with the 18" LED lighting kit, and get extra height for rotary operations with our 1" lift kit.
DOWNLOAD FILES AND ASSEBMLY INSTRUCTIONS HERE
✅GENEROUS DIMENSIONS of 24" wide x 24" deep x 12" tall (63cm x 68.5cm x 30.5cm) secures your laser inside and tall enough for the rotary legs. Our enclosure fits both the D1 and D1 pro.
✅COMMERCIAL GRADE PANELS - 1/4" (6mm) are standard and carry a weight and feel of a professional piece of lab equipment.
✅EASY SETUP - Your Laser doesn't need any part replacement modifications to set up. You only need a screw Phillips Screw driver and Allen key to assemble.
✅DUAL ACCESS DOORS - Access is easy with magnetically latched front and top mounted access doors.
✅EXHUAST PORT - A 4" mount connects easily to a drier line to remove smoke and fumes. We have a USB fan, but do understand that the USB fan has limits and we encourage you to set up a larger inline vent fan if you are burning heavy loads.
✅PASS THROUGH PORTS - 18" ports on the front and back allow you to feed and tile jobs that are larger than the laser's print area.
✅LASER FILTERING PANELS - Optional Laser Filtering panels can be upgraded to partial or full amber panels (OD3+ filtering at wavelengths up to 520nm). This option is great to reduce indirect light transmission. Do understand this is not classified as "Laser Viewing". In other words, you still need to wear the appropriate safety glasses. If you need panels that comply with OSHA or ANSI standards, please contact us directly.
✅OPTIONAL DUAL CHANNEL USB LED LIGHTING KIT - This plug and play lighting kit uses premium aluminum extrusion that is easy to mount with preinstalled adhesive and fool proof setup with simple male/female DC adaptor cords. At just 5 volts, these lights are bright enough to light up your project, yet super efficient.
Here is why you want an enclosure...
This enclosure is an absolute must for a laser engraver. The companies are selling their laser engravers without enclosures because it is a difficult, expensive addon. Laser engraving produces lots of smoke, soot and fumes that you don't want to breath in. More so, if you are engraving into paint, wood with stain or sealants, or other substrates you are producing smoke that you don't want to breath in. Even leather and non treated wood contain stuff you don't want to breath in regularly. An enclosure is designed to contain the smoke and soot and more so, adding an exhaust port is the best way to contain the fumes. If you are planning to engrave indoors, this is a necessary upgrade.
Here is what to expect...
Our Xtool D1 enclosure is tailor fit specifically for the D1. Our panels are cnc cut for precision sizing, the 3D printed brackets have carry great fitment, and the hardware we provide protects against rust. This enclosure while in use contains a significant portion of fumes and smoke when accompanied by a proper exhaust setup. Do expect that the laser produces a soot that will collect on your laser and enclosure over time so cleaning will be needed as desired. The thinner panels are pretty flexible and we offer them to make them affordable. We do strongly suggest getting the thicker panels as your first choice for a more robust, professional feel.
This is what makes our enclosure rad:
We offer special features that are found on professional grade lasers. The amber colored, laser filtering acrylics greatly reduce the light flashing into the room for a better operating experience. Assembling is easy and only requires a screw driver and allen wrench. The panels are sized perfectly to fit just around the frame and with enough height to accommodate the rotary and extension. Ports at the base allow your to easily slide your sheet substrate in the enclosure for fast material changes and so you can tile jobs to create a job with an infinite length.
Here are some details:
- GENEROUS DIMENSIONS of 23.875" wide x 24.315" deep x 12" tall (60.6cm x 61.7cm x 30.5cm) Holds the Xtool D1 in the enclosure to make it easy to move and tall enough for rotary engraving.
- EASY SETUP - Your Laser doesn't need any part replacement modifications to set up. You only need a screw Phillips Screw driver and a 2.5mm Allen wrench to assemble.
- DUAL ACCESS DOORS - Access is easy with magnetically latched front and top mounted access doors.
- EXHUAST PORT - Nearly Silent USB powered fan exhaust connects easily to a 4" drier line to remove smoke and fumes. Do understand that the USB fan has limits and we encourage you to set up a larger inline vent fan if you are burning heavy loads.
- AIR ASSIST COMPATIBLE- Add your air assist setup easily by guiding the tube through the back or side ports on the bottom.
- PASS THROUGH PORTS - 19" ports on the front and back allow you to feed and tile jobs that are larger than the laser's print area.
- LASER FILTERING PANELS - Optional Laser Filtering panels can be upgraded to partial or full amber panels (OD3+ filtering at wavelengths up to 520nm)
- OPTIONAL DUAL CHANNEL USB LED LIGHTING KIT - This plug and play lighting kit uses premium aluminum extrusion that is easy to mount with preinstalled adhesive and fool proof setup with simple male/female DC adaptor cords. At just 5 volts, these lights are bright enough to light up your project, yet super efficient.
Who We've Worked With
Neil Henderson here, Owner and Head Designer at Clearview Plastics. My shop is a California based artisan design studio that builds our enclosures in house, in Sacramento California. My enclosure are professionally CNC cut for accuracy with parts specifically designed for our artisan project. This isn't ordering from Amazon. When you order through us, you with with me, and out relationship comes with my genuine appreciation and personal skilled help.
Do the laser filtering panels mean I don't need to wear those amazingly rad safety glasses?
No, While the panels filter UV light at the wavelength that diode lasers operate at, we still suggest you wear those sexy safety glasses.
What is or is not included?
Generally speaking, if you pick the minimum price kit it include acrylic panels and hardware, and you 3D print the brackets and parts. If you choose to include 3Dprinted parts you will have everything you need to set up the enclosure, but you'll need to add your own exhaust fan and hose. We consider this a complete operating kit and the remaining customizations are optional. In all cases you will need to supply a 4" dryer hose to exhaust fumes to the window.
Will your XTool enclosure allow enough vertical space to use the rotary too also?
Yes! The inside height of the enclosure is 11.75" With feet attached and laser head fully articulated up there is just enough room. We also developed an easy to attach wire lead that helps prevent the laser head wires from bushing on the enclosure lid. In all, this should give enough clearance for engraving onto an 80mm glass or tumbler.
Do you Ship internationally?
Yes. The shipping costs are automatically calculated at checkout. We ship using USPS/UPS/Fedex with an HS code of 8538.10. Shipping prices with express shipping services often cover import fees and bonds however additional fees, VAT, and other tariffs maybe charged.
What is your timeline?
We are shipping Preorder by January 15th or sooner.
Do the Laser filtering panels allow me to stare at the laser?
No. Independent testing shows the laser filtering panels block wavelengths up to 520nm (desktop Diodes operate at 445nm). However, it is never safe to look directly at the laser. Proper eye protection should be worn when you laser is in use. If you need and enclosure that meets ANSI, ASTM, or OSHA guidelines please contact us.
Does the enclosure have an exhaust port to clear smoke and fumes?
Our enclosure includes a USB powered Fan and is great way to keep the smoke and smell contained. The powered fan that is included will help a hobbyist reduce the fumes when you use a 4 inch exhaust hose outside. The USB fan is designed for casual hobby use. If you are burning large jobs or sensitive materials you may need to add an inline vent fan to your exhaust for more air circulation. You will need to supply 4" dryer hose. It is availble at most hardware store or amazon for about $10
Do you Make an enclosure for other models than just XTool?
Yes, we offer a universal option that is compatible with other laser engravers with an approximate 40cmx40cm engraving space here
Have a different laser engraver or desktop CNC? We make enclosures for several printer models. Just ask!
What is your return Policy?
We have a 30 day return policy. Unused, undamaged panels that still have the masking fully attached are eligible for a full refund less return shipping. If panels are damaged (after shipment) or the protective mask layer has been removed, we cannot offer a refund. For best results in ensuring fitment and to ensure you like the setup of our enclosures consider at least partially assembling with the mask on. If you find out it isn't for you, this allows to get the return for a full refund.
What are some other things I should know?